I have a big decision I need to make in the next week or so. I've been wrestling with it for the past two weeks, and am still waiting for God to give me that neon sign telling me what to do. The group pictured here is the current District 131 Board of Education. One of the members recently resigned, and so the Board needs to appoint a replacement. I have been asked by several members of the administration to consider applying for the position. This opportunity has been presented to me before, and I always felt that it was not the right thing for me to do. But, for whatever reason, this time, I don't feel at peace about turning away so quickly. So, I have spent the past couple of weeks praying, talking to principals, district staff, the retiring Board member, community members, and my team trying to discern whether this is an opportunity God is putting before me "at such at time as this," or if it is a tempting distraction that could hinder/impede the work we are doing in the community. I have come up with a long list of reasons why I should not pursue it, and an equally long list of reasons why I should. I haven't struggled with a decision this much since we grappled through the whole "do we relocate to East Aurora or not" dilemma. In the end, God did give me great peace about moving. But, I didn't have a deadline I was up against, so I had the time to wait for God's direction. This time, I do have a deadline. I am praying that God will give me peace about one direction or the other before the deadline. But, if He doesn't, should the default be to take the risk or not? I'm going to choose to believe that He will make it clear . . .but I must seek Him and wait. Neither of which is easy for me to do!